2015 Guide to Ski Australia and Ski NZ Season Passes
Winter is fast approaching in Australia and New Zealand and the recent snowfall has got us excited. For all you snow bunnies looking forward to the new ski season, now is the best time to plan your ski getaway.
Season passes are the most convenient way to experience the ski season down under and usually offer the best value if you intend to hit the slopes regularly. To help you make this your most epic season ever, we’ve compiled the best snow deals for season passes at the biggest ski resorts around Australia and New Zealand.
Skiing in Australia
Thredbo 2015 Winter Season Pass
The Thredbo season pass is on sale for $999 for adults, $899 for full-time tertiary students, $599 for children 5-17 and seniors 65-69, $154 for seniors aged 70 or over, and $54 for children aged 4 or under. Sale ends on May 31, 2015.
When is the Thredbo Ski Season?
Thredbo 2015 ski season dates are Saturday, June 6 through Monday, October 5, 2015. Dates are subject to change.
Thredbo Season Pass Benefits
- Unlimited skiing and snowboarding in Thredbo ski resort in Australia in winter 2015.
- Unlimited entry to the Thredbo Leisure Centre all 2015 winter season
- 50% off Day Passes at Mountain Collective partner resorts including: AltaSnowbird (UT), Aspen/Snowmass (CO), Jackson Hole (WY), Mammoth (CA), Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows (CA), Whistler Blackcomb (BC), Lake Louise, Sunshine Village, Norquay.
Where to buy the Thredbo ski pass
Perisher Freedom Pass
Now part of the Epic family, Perisher resort is offering Epic Benefits for its Perisher Freedom Pass - on sale for $749 for adults and $429 for children, students and the over 65s. Sale ends on May 31, 2015.
When is the Perisher Ski Season?
Perisher 2015 ski season dates are Saturday, June 6 through Monday, October 5, 2015. Dates are subject to change.
Perisher Season Pass Benefits
- Unlimited access to Perisher ski resort in Australia in winter 2015 – no blackout dates.
- Stay at The Station from only $79 per room, per night in 2015.
- "Bring a Mate" Discount Lift Tickets in 2015. Buy online and save between 15% and 50% off 1 Day in resort lift ticket prices in 2015 for your mates.
- Save 15% off at Perisher owned food and beverage outlets.
- Save 15% at Slopestyle Mountain Sports in 2015 on purchases over $20.
- Free access to Night Skiing and the Night Park in 2015.
- 50% off Tube Town rides in 2015
- Plus unlimited access to Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Park City and Canyons in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe, California; Afton Alps, Minnesota and Mt. Brighton, Michigan. Plus a total of 10 days at Vail and/or Beaver Creek, combined.
Where to buy the Perisher ski pass
Mt Hotham and Falls Creek Season Pass
The Hotham season pass costs $1,549 for adults (19-64), $775 for seniors (65-69), $859 for children (6-18), $899 for full-time tertiary students, and free for children under 5 and seniors 70 or older. All season passes require an additional $5 for your Snow Pass.
When is the Hotham Ski Season?
Hotham 2015 ski season dates are Saturday, June 6 through Sunday, September 27, 2015. Dates are subject to change.
Mount Hotham Season Pass Benefits
- Unlimited access to Hotham and Falls Creek ski resorts in Australia in winter 2015 – no blackout dates.
- Access to Hotham's night skiing at the Big D.
Where to buy the Hotham ski pass
Mt Buller Season Membership
The Mt Buller season pass costs $1,499 for adults (15-64), $749 for seniors (65-69), $50 for seniors aged 70 or over, $749 for children (5-14) and full-time secondary students (15-17), and $50 for children under 5. Tertiary students must purchase an adult season membership.
When is the Mt Buller Ski Season?
Mt Buller 2015 ski season starts June long weekend and continues until early October - weather permitting.
Mt Buller Season Pass Benefits
- Unlimited access to Mt Buller ski resort in Australia in winter 2015 – no blackout dates.
- Twilight Riding every Wednesday and Saturday in July and August and further discounts and privileges.
- 10% discount on Ski & Snowboard School Adult Classes, Buller Kids Class Lessons (7-18 yrs) and Private Lessons. Additional T&C’s Apply, see website for further details.
- 10% discount on retail purchases at all Buller Sports retail outlets including Buller Sports Mansfield, Freeride, Central, Chalet, Altitude and Buller Sports Ski School.
- 10% discount when dining at the ABOM Café and Bar, Moosehead Bistro & Bar, Après Bar, Tirol Café, and the Black Cockatoo restaurant in the Mt Buller Chalet Hotel.
Where to buy the Mt Buller ski pass
Skiing in New Zealand
2015 NZSki Season Pass
The NZski season pass costs $1,499 for adults (18-64), $1,099 for seniors (65-74) and children (7-17), $1,099 for full-time tertiary students, and $20 for children aged 6 or under and seniors aged 75 or over. Prices given are in New Zealand Dollars.
When is the NZ Ski Season?
- Coronet Peak: Saturday, June 13 - Sunday 4 October 4
- Mt Hutt: Saturday, June 13 – Sunday, October 4
- The Remarkables: Saturday, June 20 – Sunday, September 27
NZ Ski Season Pass Benefits
- Unlimited Skiing and Riding at Coronet Peak, Mt Hutt and The Remarkables ski resorts in New Zealand in winter 2015.
- 25% off afternoon group lessons (subject to availability, check with the Snowsports desk on the day).
- 10% discount at retail outlets (does not apply to sale items or other special offers).
- 10% on workshop repairs and tuning at the rentals department.
- 20% discount available on a full day lift pass at Ohau Snow Fields (this offer excludes Mt Hutt Mid-Week season pass holders).
- 20% discount available on a mid-week day lift pass at Ohau Snow Fields for Mt Hutt Mid-Week season pass holders.
Where to buy the NZ ski pass
The information on this post is for reference only. Don’t forget to check the fine print before you buy a season pass.