Product Care Instructions
Thank you for purchasing a Pure Brandz garment. We hope you have many wonderful adventures in the snow.
If over time water is no longer beading off your jacket and appears to start blotting, it’s time to replenish the Durable Water-Repellent (DWR) treatment using a quality wash-in waterproofing agent. We recommended the fluorocarbon-free Nikwax TX Direct Wash-In Water Repellent.
A real plus for the Sympatex membrane – it has no pores and instead works on a purely chemical and physical principle. The hydrophilic (water-attracting) components of the Sympatex membrane absorb moisture from the body and transport it to the outside so that it can evaporate. At the same time the poreless structure of the membrane prevents the ingress of rain. This means clothing which features Sympatex products are extremely easy to look after. Since unlike porous membranes (Gore-Tex, eVent) the Sympatex membrane cannot be blocked by either sweat (salt crystals) or dirt. That means washing the garments each time after wearing is not necessary as to maintain the function of the membrane. But detergent residues (tensides) can also not affect the poreless membrane which means that the garments retain their full performance even after frequent washing. So it does not matter whether you wash the garments more or less often – 100% function and optimal breathability remain guaranteed.
The following care instructions and reimpregnating details will help you keep your Pure garment performing at its best.
- Easily washable at 40°C or 60°C using a gentle cycle
- Low load volume
- Fine detergent or special detergent for functional textiles
- Do not use standard detergent with optical brighteners or bleach
- Do not use softener (it will damage the impregnation)
- Reduced spin speed (easy care)
Dry cleaning is possible but not necessary
- You may dry this garment in the dryer with low temperature and at low speed, and preferably turn the garment inside out. The use of the tumble drier activates the impregnation.
- Ironing reactivates the impregnation. The iron temperature should not exceed 110°C (1 dot / 1st setting)
- Reimpregnate the upper material as soon as the water ceases to form beads
- Add wash-in impregnation product to the washing machine instead of softener
- Apply spray-on impregnation product to the outside of the damp or dry garment
- Then dry in the tumble drier. The heat will help the impregnation product to condense and will improve its water-repellent effect
- Reimpregnation is also possible in dry cleaning cycle
Do not use wash-in products with Sympatex HigH2Out® laminates since they will get on to the lining side and have an adverse effect on the HigH2Out® effect. The zip fasteners and buttons must be closed during application of spray-on impregnation products
Sympatex laminates treated with fluorocarbon-free Bionic Finish Eco® should also be reimpregnated with fluorocarbon-free products which are available from retailers
For more information, please use this contact form.